May 31, 2016

US Rep. Uses Personal Attacks Responding To Witness Testimony




[From article]
During a House Judiciary Committee hearing on the recent transgender bathroom mandate, Representative Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) found herself unable to rationally deal with a witness, a law school professor, who had submitted a 21-page written statement to be entered as testimony. As Jennifer Krabbany of the College Fix reports, what set off Lofgren’s meltdown was this:
We are teaching young people a terrible lesson. If I believe that I am a Russian princess, that doesn’t make me a Russian princess, even if my friends and acquaintances are willing to indulge my fantasy. Nor am I a Great Horned Owl just because—as I have been told—I happen to share some personality traits with those feathered creatures. I should add that very few actual transgender individuals are confused in this way. They understand perfectly that their sex and their gender do not align. Some choose surgery to make their bodies better align with their gender. Most choose not to.
Rather than deal with the logic of this statement, Lofgren retreated into the I-am-offended posture, and then when challenged, started calling names:
Ed Driscoll of Instapundit nails it on the final exchange in this sequence:
When the professor quipped: “Does that mean you think I am a Russian princess?” [Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-CA] could only respond “I have no idea.”
…Of course Lofgren knows the answer to San Diego law school professor Gail Heriot’s deliberately absurdist query, but it’s one that she dare not express under her ideology’s Stalinist culture of fear, lest she commit doubleplus ungood gender thoughtcrime.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/05/watch_as_democrat_unable_to_deal_with_professors_challenge_on_transgender_bathroom_rule_loses_it_starts_calling_names.html

May 28, 2016
Watch as Democrat unable to deal with professor’s challenge on ‘transgender’ bathroom rule loses it, starts calling names
By Thomas Lifson

https://youtu.be/DmKzkX5YGPE

No comments: