March 22, 2016

Four New Deaths From Ebola In Africa

A mother and her children make palm oil in Meliandou, a village in southeast Guinea believed to be the location of the first known case of Ebola in the West Africa Ebola outbreak. Picture taken February 4, 2015. 
Photo: REUTERS/Misha Hussain

[From article]
A fourth person has died of Ebola in Guinea in the latest flare up of an epidemic that has killed more than 11,300 people in that country, Sierra Leone and Liberia since 2013 but now claims few victims.
"The young girl who was hospitalized at the Ebola treatment centre in Nzerekore is dead," said Fode Tass Sylla, spokesman for the centre that coordinates Guinea's fight against the virus.
Three others have died of the virus since Feb. 29. Health workers on Saturday also stepped up efforts to trace anyone who could have come into contact with the family.
The world's worst recorded Ebola epidemic is believed to have started in Guinea and killed about 2,500 people there by December last year, at which point the U.N. World Health Organization (WHO) said it was no longer actively transmitted.

Fourth person dies of Ebola in latest flare up in Guinea
Source: Reuters
Sat, 19 Mar 2016 23:20 GMT
Reporting by Saliou Samb; Writing by Matthew Mpoke Bigg; Editing by David Gregorio)

No comments: