February 20, 2012

Comment On Paul Krugman's Income Inequality

[Comment about article by Paul Krugman in NY Times on income inequality]

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/10/opinion/krugman-money-and-morals.html?_r=1

Money and Morals
By PAUL KRUGMAN
New York Times
Published: February 9, 2012

rebecca1048
Iowa


I will say it again --- women should have never left the home. (a decline which began when they left home) I know many have to work today, but it was a mistake. (honestly, I'm suspicious of Freidan and Smith College's motives) Women held the homes together, they kept the kids in check, and I personally believe they were the authors of the innovation we seem to have lost --- they also kept the old neighborhood spit spot! I truly believe, the only thing women suceeded in doing, was driving down wages and the perks companies used to pay to keep a good man. Now, with a surplus of humans willing to keep their eye on the keyhole, why should a company pay a decent wage? And don't peg me a conservative -- -maybe fiscally, but I'm pretty liberal. I certainly don't believe women should lay down and die --- they should be ready to step in and run things in an instant, but, home is where they were needed most. And, if a guy wants to stay home, fine. But America cannot support two decent incomes per household ---- it is trying to do it now, and what has happened, you have some homes with no or little income.

No comments: