February 25, 2012

Campaign 2012 Will Be Filled With Lies

[From article]
I had a taste of this in a debate years ago at the University of Tennessee with a top official from the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). We were debating the use of library Internet filters. When I mentioned that the ACLU had sued to force a local government to adopt an ACLU policy, he got laughs by saying that “nothing Mr. Knight says is true, up to and including the words ‘and,’ ‘if’ or ‘the.’ “

Later, as we rode in a student’s car, I asked him, “You know I told the truth, and yet you misled those students into thinking I had made it up.” He shrugged, grinned and said, “Ah, it worked, didn’t it?”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/24/lying-because-it-works/

KNIGHT: Lying because it works
Joke’s on us in liberals’ kingdom of calumny
By Robert Knight
The Washington Times
Friday, February 24, 2012

No comments: