February 10, 2016

Marijuana Bust Becomes Arrest For Terrorism in Dearborn, Michigan



Abu-Rayyan wearing the Muslim scarf of choice while making the ISIS gesture.

[From article]
Charges against a Muslim man in Dearborn, Mich. rapidly escalated from possession of marijuana to being an ISIS supporter with plans to carry out a terror attack against a large Detroit church that holds up to 6,000 people.
[. . .]
At the end of last year, an undercover agent began interacting with Abu-Rayyan, which is when they learned that, among other weapons, he had an AK-47 machine gun with a 40-round magazine.
The Daily Mail reports:
While on social media he told an undercover agent that he “tried to shoot up a church one day. I don't know the name of it but it's close to my job.
“One of the biggest ones in Detroit. I had it planned out. I brought a bunch of bullets. I practiced a lot with it.
“I practiced reloading and unloading, but my dad searched my car one day and he found everything. He found the gun and the bullets and the mask I was going to wear.” (snip)
When investigators asked Abu-Rayyan why he allegedly wanted to target a church, he said: “It's easy, and a lot of people go there, plus people are not allowed to carry guns in church.”
[. . .]
Abu-Rayyan expressed regret that he never carried out his terror plans, stating that if he can’t “do jihad at the Middle East, I would do my jihad over here.”
In addition to his desire to shoot unarmed Christians in a church, Abu-Rayyan also stated that he wanted to murder the police officer who originally arrested him for speeding, drugs, and weapons charges, saying that he wanted to do a “martyrdom operation” and kill him.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/02/the_aspiring_beheader_of_dearbornistan.html

February 9, 2016
The aspiring beheader of Dearbornistan
By Carol Brown

No comments: