February 13, 2016

Massachusetts Governor Objects To Uncivil Speech




Gov. Baker subscribes to the civility censorship argument, promoted by his alma mater, Harvard College. When former Mayor Galluccio told me at a Town Gown annual meeting "Be nice." he revealed he supports censorship if it is unpleasant. I asked, "How can you solve a problem if you cannot talk about it?" At that meeting the concern was the repeated deceptions by Harvard University PR flacks.

[From article]
Gov. Charlie Baker said Donald Trump’s vulgar remark about Ted Cruz is more evidence the Republican front-runner is unsuitable for office.
“Did he really? Did he really say that?” a visibly aghast Baker said when told by a reporter that Trump had called Cruz “a pussy.” “Look, I made very clear last week when I endorsed Gov. Christie that part of the reason that I endorsed him was I didn’t think that Donald Trump had the temperament and the seriousness of purpose to be president of the United States, and that comment would certainly fit quite well in that particular category.”

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

No comments: