May 22, 2014

Probation Department Trial Reveals Deep Massachusetts Corruption



[From article]
As the CM so memorably told the House committee whenever he was asked about his serial-killer gangster brother, “To the best of my recollection, I cannot recall.”
Like his 65-inch-high mentor, Jack the Hack did not “deem it appropriate” to remember anything, about anything.
Jack the Hack went to law school with a junkie named Pat Lawton, the son and grandson of judges. As the current poster boy for the rampant corruption of state government, Lawton’s squalid career has come under great scrutiny. Lawton doesn’t seem to understand why his getting a job at the Probation Department in 2008 is such a big deal.
“I didn’t start using heroin until after I got my job,” he explained. “I’m just a poor boy from Brockton.”
[. . .]
The trial has turned into a circular firing squad. Now, if only both sides could lose.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/columnists/howie_carr/2014/05/carr_the_twisted_vines_of_hack_jungle

Carr: The twisted vines of hack jungle
Thursday, May 22, 2014
By: Howie Carr
Boston Herald

No comments: