May 7, 2014

New York City Councilman Arrested Charged With Misappropriation of Taxpayer Funds


[From article]
“Not too many people have stood before the cameras and said they’re innocent,” Wills said after being released without bail from Queens Supreme Court.
When a reporter countered that a number of busted pols actually had said exactly that, Wills, a Democrat, said: “That’s disrespectful.”
“I am not resigning on charges. This is America, people. We are presumed innocent before we are proven guilty,” he said.
“But because I know what I am, where I come from and the color I am, it doesn’t really work like that with you guys. But I am presumed innocent and that’s what we are going with.”

http://nypost.com/2014/05/07/nyc-councilman-ruben-wills-arrested/

NYC Councilman Ruben Wills arrested
By Carl Campanile and Christina Carrega-Woodby
May 7, 2014 | 7:43am
New York Post

No comments: