February 5, 2016

Belgian Reporter Assaulted On Air By Germans in Germany



RTBF journalist Esmeralda Labye (pictured left) was describing the atmosphere at the Cologne carnival not far from the main station (right) when the attack happened.

[From article]
A Belgian journalist has told how drunken German yobs whispered 'would you sleep with me tonight' into her ear and then sexually assaulted her live on air.
Esmeralda Labye had been unaware of the young men making obscene gestures behind her back as she reported live from the Cologne carnival - where more than 2,000 police had been drafted in following multiple sexual assaults in the city over New Year's Eve.
But while the New Year's Eve assaults have been largely blamed on a mob of young migrant men, the assault on Ms Labye was carried out by Germans.
[. . .]
‘When I started my broadcast at 1.14pm, two or three men monopolised attention. I didn’t see them, as I was focusing on my live broadcast and they were behind me.
‘I got a kiss on the back of the neck. It was women’s day in Cologne, and there was a lot of kissing. In this context I wasn’t worried, so I continued my report.
[. . .]
‘Almost immediately, a young German sang in my ear: “Would you sleep with me tonight?” Then I felt two hands rest on my shoulders.
‘Later, I could see on the footage that the person behind me mimed an obscene gesture – something that shouldn’t have been on camera. He was mimicking sexual intercourse a number of times.
‘I could clearly see on my left a man made a finger to the camera. Many times even. I thought that, logically, there would be no problem, given the large police presence.'
The broadcast lasted for a total of 90 seconds, after which Ms Labye waited a couple of seconds to allow those in the studio to thank her before she went off air.
‘It was at that moment that one of the three men around me touched my breasts,' she revealed.
‘I lost my temper. Knowing we were no longer live, I turned around and told them in English: "You did that twice, not once! Don’t touch me, don’t touch me!".
'The three drunks didn’t seem to understand why I was angry, but they left without a word.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3433445/Female-reporter-sexually-assaulted-man-live-camera-reports-Cologne-festival.html

'He whispered 'would you sleep with me tonight' and grabbed my breasts': TV reporter sexually assaulted live on air tells how she was groped by three drunk German yobs who simulated sex behind her
RTBF journalist Esmeralda Labye was reporting from the Cologne carnival
While live on air, a man sexually assaulted her by grabbing her breast
Police are looking for two men, wanted in connection with the attack
Police have confirmed that there were 18 reported cases of sexual assault and 181 people arrested at the carnival
By NABILA RAMDANI and FLORA DRURY and TOM WYKE FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 07:57 EST, 5 February 2016 | UPDATED: 14:16 EST, 5 February 2016



No comments: