August 4, 2011

Downtown Boston Military Helicopters

At about 10:30 PM Wednesday August 3, 2011, I was on Milk Street when I heard loud aircraft but could not see where it was.

A man approached me explaining that he worked in 75 State Street, "the tallest building in Boston." He said that all employees of the building were told they must be out of the building earlier that evening. He said it was Navy Seals conducting a terror practice raid. I was surprised that I did not read about this anywhere in local news.

Anthony a man who worked in the area said "they could never do that during the day. It would scare too many people."

I was able to see the unlit helicopters by making a cone for my eyes and blocking out the street lights. Helicopters looked like black spots moving across the sky. When they hovered near the roof of the building it was possible to see the aircraft from the reflection of the roof or building lights. The noise was very loud, almost as loud as the Hanscom Field jets that fly low over Boston for July 4th holidays.

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2011_0804military_buzzes_boston_buildings/

Military buzzes Boston buildings
By Renee Nadeau Algarin
Boston Herald
Thursday, August 4, 2011

No comments: