April 27, 2015

Pregnant Houston Woman Fired For Refusing To Pay For Money Robbed at Popeye's Fast Food



Marissa Holcomb
Photo: KHOU

[From article]
The pregnant Popeyes manager, who was fired less than 36 hours after a robbery, has been offered her job back.
Marissa Holcomb, who is a mother of three with a fourth child on the way, had a meeting with Z & H Foods owner Amin Dhanani on Wednesday, a day after our original story aired of her firing.
"He just apologized and pretty much offered me if I wanted to go back to his business and work there again," she said.
Holcomb says she was originally terminated because she refused to pay back money that was stolen during a robbery March 31. Dhanani argued she was fired because she broke policy multiple times by leaving too much money in the register.
[. . .]
"I told them I'm not paying nothing," Holcomb said, who said she was fired because she refused to pay the money back. "I just had a gun to me, I'm not paying the money."
Surveillance video shows a man run into the restaurant with a beanie over his face while waving a gun. He forced all employees to the floor, then turned his attention to Holcomb.
"By the back of my shirt, he pulled me up and he pushed me to the front," she said. "He told me to give him everything out of my safe."
But the only thing she could open were the registers.
Holcomb claimed after the robbery one of her managers gave her an ultimatum: Pay the money back or lose her job.
"I don't think it's right because now I'm struggling for my family because what I had to do to keep my life," she said.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/investigations/2015/04/21/pregnant-fast-food-worker-fired-after-being-robbed-at-gunpoint/26162183/

Popeyes attempting to rectify pregnant manager's firing
Tiffany Craig,
KHOU 11 News
10:02 a.m. CDT April 23, 2015



No comments: