November 23, 2014

Gang Banging On Long Island, NY, Book Review




[From book review]
“As much as I wish I could forget it, I can’t,” he says, touching his scar. “I’m not a father because of him, because he took the life of my unborn child. And he took from me the woman I was down for, someone I really loved, who had my heart. I ain’t met anyone like her. So I’ll most likely come back on his ass one day. Can’t see a way not to.
“I got my life together here, yeah. I got my GED, I got a decent job, but I don’t never forget. A man do you like that, he gots to get got. Maybe next week. Maybe next year.”
But Steed never gets the chance. On a snowy night early this year, he’s found dead of a gunshot wound on a desolate street corner in Camden, NJ. He’d been on his way to sign up for an SAT prep exam.


http://nypost.com/2014/11/23/how-the-love-of-a-high-school-girl-sparked-a-gang-war/

How the love of a high school girl sparked a gang war
By Kevin Deutsch
November 23, 2014 | 4:43am

No comments: