August 22, 2010

Zyprexa Legal Abuse Continues

http://psychrights.org/pr/100812JGStatement.pdf

Statement of Jim Gottstein Regarding 2nd Circuit Decision on the Zyprexa Papers

August 12, 2010

Today, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit affirmed the District Court's injunction issued against me in connection with the subpoenaing and distribution of documents produced in the Zyprexa Products Liability Litigation. I am disappointed in the ruling. The Court of Appeals held the District Court did not abuse its discretion in finding the subpoena was a sham. This is not the case. I believe I acted properly, but understand why both courts would believe this. Ultimately, I feel I did not adequately explain my actions to the District Court and it was understandably offended by what it thought was a deliberate violation by me of one of its orders. My explanation was hampered at the time because critical information had been withheld from me, such as my client having been drugged with Zyprexa pursuant to a forced drugging court order shortly before I took his case. I certainly intended no disrespect to the District Court.

James B. (Jim) Gottstein, Esq.President/CEO

Law Project for Psychiatric Rights

1 comment:

Daniel Haszard said...

The deal with Zyprexa is that Lilly pleaded guilty to criminal wrongs ("viva Zyprexa" campaign) the Zyprexa saga was rotten through and through.


Eight Lilly EMPLOYEES got about $8 million each as supposed informant 'whistle blowers'.Lawyers on both sides got millions and millions......most patient claimants who got sick are 'mentally challenged' and less able to advocate for themselves.
We must remember that Zyprexa is way way over prescribed,as only a maximum of .03% of the world's pop is indicated for any atypical anti-psychotics.
That's it.....
*
Daniel Haszard Zyprexa whistle-blower and patient who got diabetes from it.