March 3, 2007

Mayor of Cambridge: Traveling Man

Mayor of Cambridge: Traveling Man

More funds for the traveling Mayor makes Cambridge residents feel safer. (Erin Smith, "Mayor blows travel dough, asks for more money," Cambridge Chronicle, December 21, 2006) When I read the Chronicle I was like, "How much is the Mayor's travel budget?
Like $100? How does the Mayor like being away from his family and friends for many lonely nights?"
He'd be like, "I need to sacrifice my happiness for others. I need to help persons of color and homosexuals to run for office. Cambridge will never vote for persons of color." I was like, "Is the Cambridge Chronicle racist and haters?"
They were like, "No way. We're not racists. We don't hate. Our best friends are black and gay."
The Mayor was like, "I'm gay and I'm a person of color." I was like, "Are you sure?" Persons with disabilities rule Cambridge. Persons of color and homosexuals will never be equal to them. Look at Harvard and at MIT.
The Mayor needs to travel for safety. Stop the gay racist bashing. Support travel to places where persons with disabilities don't rule.
The Mayor's like, "I need to learn how to fight hate and bigotry in Cambridge. How else will I meet tolerant persons?" The City should buy or lease a personal jet for the Mayor.
Then he'd be like, "I can save money and time traveling to other cities to attend leadership conferences. I could learn Robert's Rules of Order at a conference. I'm not running for President. Or am I?"
There are few persons in the city who like homosexuals; fewer who like persons of color. Councilor Simmons is like, "I'll remind the City Council at the meetings."
The Mayor is like, "I'll do it at School Committee meetings." The Affirmative Action officers are like "Half of school employees must be persons of color."
The Mayor's like, "How can we do this unless I get help from outside the city?" Leadership conventions will end the white heterosexual rule of persons with disabilities in Cambridge.
The Mayor is like, "My travels will help persons of color to attend colleges and to become police officers. How else can I end racism and homophobia in Cambridge? I need to travel to warm climates in winter. Hate thrives in Cambridge. I need to go where there is love."

Roy Bercaw, Editor ENOUGH ROOM

Mayor blows travel dough, asks for more money
By Erin Smith
Cambridge Chronicle
Thursday, December 21, 2006 - Updated: 04:27 AM EST

Mayor Ken Reeves, who has been jetting across the country on the taxpayers’ dime, spent his entire travel budget in half a year, and then requested almost $20,000 this week to cover his overspending. [Cambridge blog: What do you think about Reeves' overspending?] Meanwhile, City Manager Bob Healy said the City Council’s call for 30 police foot patrol officers, in the wake of more than a dozen shooting incidents in the past several months, could increase city taxes.
Healy said he would keep a close eye on next year’s budget planning to see if the additional police officers would increase property tax rates. Reeves has racked up more than $40,000 in travel expenses in the past six months, since the new budget year started in July.
[...]
— esmith@cnc.com

No comments: