September 26, 2011

Obama: Jews and Janitors

[From article]
"If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a janitor makes me a warrior for the working class, I wear that with a badge of honor. I have no problem with that.
That's what the transcript says he said.
Now, watch the C-SPAN video below, and listen especially to the phrase "the same tax rate as a janitor..."
Here is what the president actually said, catching himself almost in time but not quite:
If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a Jew, uh, as a janitor makes me a warrior for the working class, I wear that with a badge of honor. I have no problem with that."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/09/obama-congressional-black-caucus-video-gaffe.html

New gaffe: Obama confuses Jews with janitors
September 26, 2011 | 5:18 am
Los Angeles Times
Andrew Malcolm

No comments: